Machine Vision Solutions for Medical Device Manufacturing
Here are a few previous projects.
The project descriptions are intentionally vague to protect the confidentiality of i4 Solutions' clients.
i4 Solutions offers 21 CFR 11 compliance and validation assistance.
All turnkey systems include a detailed operation and maintenance manual.
Medical Kit Inspection
More information is available about automated medical kit inspection.
- Vision system verifies components and kit are correctly assembled.
- Detects part presense and position, reads barcodes and text.
- Easily trained to verify new kit types.
Coronary Catheter Inspection Bench
- Vision system verifies shape of catheter.
- Checks gauge of catheter.
- Communicates with operations control software, described below.
Operations Control Software
- Integrates vision system, Symbol barcode scanner, and Zebra label printer.
- Order management system ensures the correct number of items gets packaged.
- Labels are printed only after successful inspection.
- Features alarm history and multi-level security.
Urinary Catheter Inspection System
- Checks holes in tubing.
- Confirms slug has been removed.
Assembly Verification System
- Machine vision system inspects each critical feature as part is assembled at high speed.
- 15 cameras with high-quality optics.
- Advanced configuration and diagnostic tools.
Dimensional Gauging System
- Images from two cameras assist operator in assembling microscopic components.
- Vision system measures features to confirm correct assembly.
Syringe Inspection Systems
Over the years we have become experts in the inspection of certain medical devices.
For example, we have developed many systems to inspect medical syringes, checking everything between point and plunger.
Don't quite see what you're looking for? We customize solutions.
We offer a free project evaluation service.
Send us sample parts, your inspection criteria, and information about where the camera(s) may be mounted.
We'll test your samples in our vision lab, then send you a report detailing technical feasibility.
To learn more, contact us using the form at the bottom of this page. Or just call 612-888-6000.